The Absurd and Amazing Adventures of Cafe Girl: A White Saturday

August 2, 2008

A White Saturday

I just realized that I am having a very White Person Saturday.

I started my morning with coffee, then headed towards the beach for a marathon training run in my New Balance shoes. Afterwards, my girl friend rode her bicycle and we went to the Santa Monica Farmer's Market where I bought organic peaches and fresh flowers while feeling guilty for using plastic bags and rather than the reusable shopping bag that she had given me.

I drove home, pondering my difficult breakup while listening to Public Radio. On the way, I stopped at the Rite Aid to get a bottle of water. Once home, I hit Facebook while waiting for laundry to be done.

This afternoon, I'm going rock limbing. Maybe we'll stop for sushi on the way home and call it a day.

No comments: