The Absurd and Amazing Adventures of Cafe Girl: Absurd Adventures In... Er... Measurement

October 10, 2006

Absurd Adventures In... Er... Measurement

What a day.

Today, it was all about who had the biggest ones. My theory is that if you have to measure, you're probably going to lose.

Annoying event #1--Got yelled at for something that was neither my fault nor my responsibility. The yelling was over an issue of protocol and who was in charge. Talk about getting out the measuring tape.

Annoying event #2--Got an e-mail today that was dripping with arrogance. I suspect the e-mail was written especially to let me know how smart and informed the sender was. The sender certainly had their measuring tape out and ready to go.

I would have replied, except I couldn't find an emoticon that accurately expresses, "My, aren't we full of ourselves?" Or maybe there is one, and I just don't know about it. Because, unlike the e-mail sender, I don't know everything there is to know about everything.

So I put away my measuring tape--I resisted the urge to craft a biting reply.

Alright, I lied. Because I'm essentially quite wicked, I did forward the e-mail on to a friend. Purely for mockery purposes.

So I measured, just a little.

No comments: