The Absurd and Amazing Adventures of Cafe Girl: Things That Make Me Happy

October 7, 2009

Things That Make Me Happy

This recipe: Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread
I added raisins to the recipe because I like them. But you can also add nuts or chocolate chips. It's served as breakfast for the last two weeks.



This song: Do It Again
I'm completely addicted to this song. It's not PG 13 by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, it leaves little to the imagination. But it's actually kind of funny and ironic. Favorite lines: Where do we go from here? That's the question of the year. I think you're fine, I think you're hot, this is what I've always dreamed of. But one thing I forgot, was to get to know you. Oh, by the way, there's an acoustic version of this song that actually made me go, "Oh. Oh my."


This drink: Pimm's Cup A British buddy of mine introduced me to this drink. It's a cocktail mix of Pimm's, 7-Up or ginger ale, cucumber, mint and a variety of citrus fruits. Supposedly no one really knows what Pimm's is made of -- it's rumored that only six people know the recipe. Pimm's is only 20% alcohol (tequila is 40%), and Pimm's Cup goes down nice and easy because it's a sweet drink. Ergo, it's also a very dangerous drink. I've rarely seen this drink in any bars except for Beechwood in Venice. I've had really good memories while drinking Pimm's Cup. Oddly enough, all of them involve really cute boys. I'm seriously considering making this my pre-date drink.

This car: International Harvester Scout
Big, loud, old-school. Makes me want to drive down the Pacific Coast Highway, blast Rolling Stones and howl at the moon. And it's yellow.
Photo taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ih_scoutii_1979.JPG

These verses: Joel 2: 18-32
My favorite part: Be glad, O people of Zion, rejoice in the Lord your God, for He has given you the autumn rains in righteousness. He sends you abundant showers both autumn and spring rains, as before. I love that idea of God pouring out the rains of life, restoring what was lost back to His people. I actually read this verse after a particularly redeeming encounter. I'm clinging onto this one as God's promise for me in this upcoming season.

This man: Chris IsaakOf course. What did you expect me to say, Jesus? Dear Chris, I will forgive you for only signing autographs for VIP fans, of whom I was not one, at the Greek this year. Nevermind that the age difference between us can legally drink. None of this matters. For I have been your fan since I was fifteen. I have driven eight hours from Chicago to see you on the coldest day in Minneapolis in 2006. You have signed my t-shirt, "Devil Child." I will continue to eagerly quest for that elusive photograph of you and me together. Each year, I wait patiently for you to ask me to run away with you. Not this year. But hope springs eternal.

No comments: