The Absurd and Amazing Adventures of Cafe Girl: This Week in Life

May 14, 2011

This Week in Life

I left my laptop in my office and forgot to take it home with me.

I left my make up bag sitting on my kitchen table. 

I must have not locked my car, because someone got in and stole my GPS and aux cable for my iPod. 

I've been discouraged. 

And was told I can appear to come off as bitter...

I pondered why people say the things they do to me.

I wondered if I was really bitter. 

I thought about what I considered to be "not bitter" and all I could come up with was a person who was positive all the time and happy all the time. And someone who was satisfied no matter what was happening. 

Then I felt trapped because I can not be happy all the time. And I am not satisfied with some of the things that I find happening in my world and my life. In fact, I might go as far as to say some things are not acceptable. 

And I don't want to be a liar. 

So I settled on sad. 

Which is where I find myself this cold, grey, Los Angeles morning.  

I'm just sad. There. No explanations, no excuses, no trying to feel better by stuffing it, or declaring that things will be better. Maybe they will be better, maybe they won't, but it doesn't diminish the fact that at this moment, I'm sad. 

And that's ok. 

No comments: